Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday:: Just call me Pollyanna

I'm OK with that.

 Here's my version of the "Glad Game"



















1.  Homemade Blueberry Icecream.

2.  Watching the children spin on an old-fashioned metal merry-go-round and tire out their dad with cries for "faster, faster!"  while I knit happily on my bench in the shade, and munch on farmer's market kettle corn and fresh-squeezed lemonade.  Summer Saturday mornings don't get much better than that.  Do they?

3.  Town clocks that still chime out the hour.  Love to hear bells.

4.  A good swing, the kind that are HUGE, with really long chains, on the top of a hill, with a nice hard seat, not the sling kind that squinch you in and make it all uncomfortable-like to swing for a while.

5.  A good half-hour of laying-in-the-grass, cloud-watching.  Or more.

6.  Boys with their own lemonade stands.

7.  Sunshine peeking through our beach umbrella.

8.  The beach.

9.  The waves.

10.  The breeze.

It's so hard to be unhappy in New Hampshire.  Especially in the summer.  Come visit and I'll show you :)


Now - what makes you glad?  Please share if you want - I love to read your comments! 

4 comments:

  1. yum! that ice cream looks great! and the beach too - nothing like a beach breeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole post is delightful! Homemade ice cream sounds amazing right now (KY has a heat index of about 115 today). And those old-fashioned merry-go-rounds are the best! We used to have one like that in a park near my school, and I cried when they took it down.

    This post makes me want to visit New Hampshire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, homemade ice cream! Delicious. I loved all the photos of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the ice cream turn out? The picture of Mike sleeping with George is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...