Well, I don't have terribly much to show or tell today. Over the weekend, I had about 15 minutes to tuck away into my room and shut the door and do a little bit of sewing at my machine. So: this is what I came back out with -
a new dish drying towel to leave beside my sink for "overflow" when washing... cups and big pots and pans...etc. As you can see - I couldn't be bothered to iron my fabric first... I just started pulling out fabrics and cutting. Sewn together inside out, flipped right side out, and then I went a bit crazy with the red thread on top... Oh well. Amazingly, with very little to NO accurate measuring what-so-ever, it turned out about 14 x 20 and close enough to a rectangle that I'm not embarassed to have it out there on the counter.
The back is recycled from an XXXL terry cloth robe I was given at the hospital (after delivering G) and never wore. Before, I had always just thrown an old dish towel beside the sink when I do dishes, but this is much lovelier. :) I got the idea a while ago from this post, and then again from seeing my sister's during my visit. Eventually I said to myself - "you should probably just make one of these instead of using a dingy old dish cloth"