Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The small things

It is the middle of March.  It is dribbling freezing rain and bits of sleet outside my window.  My house is a complete disaster.  I spent most of the night coughing on the couch and cannot seem to shake this sickness from my body once and for all.  My taxes are undone (not even close).  If I were to turn on the television set (I'm not), I'll hear about world-wide troubles, disasters, civil wars, and nuclear meltdowns.

**  sigh  **


It is not hard to be a pessimist in mid-March.  It is very easy.


Yes, mid-March is the very best time of year to pause and appreciate the best things, the small things, the little joys, the extraordinary ordinary of everyday life.




 ****

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...