Last week I finished a small project that's been waiting on my "someday" list for um... 2 years. ? Can that be right?
I wish I had taken a before picture so you could appreciate the transformation.
You'll have to imagine a pretty beat up wooden dresser that had been very well used for many years.
I bought two of them, one for each of my boys, so I could take a before picture of the other one - but it's so buried in the garage I can't even get to it for a picture ... That's sad. I hope it doesn't take me another 2 years to finish the second one... but it might.
Anyway - Here's what it looks like finished and in place in George's room. I spent some time cleaning that room out again this weekend. Oh how I LOVE to take 2 or 3 big bins of clutter to Goodwill!
It's nice to have somewhere to put the clothing now. My old system (piles in the closet ) was not working.
The dressers I bought from a friend for $20.00 each, and the red paint was from the reject pile at the hardware store. Somebody didn't like it I guess, but I think it's the perfect red. $2.00. So the whole dresser
cost me $22.00 and 2 hours of a little sanding/regluing/and painting. And I lined the drawers with contact paper. So that's another $1.00 or something. Not bad, I think.
Now - here's the next "before" picture for you.
A new project found at the local park. I don't know who left it there, but I do know who found it. Me.
And it's going to be awesome.