Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A little project



Last week I finished a small project that's been waiting on my "someday" list for um... 2 years.  ?   Can that be right?

I wish I had taken a before picture so you could appreciate the transformation.
You'll have to imagine a pretty beat up wooden dresser that had been very well used for many years.

I bought two of them, one for each of my boys, so I could take a before picture of the other one  - but it's so buried in the garage I can't even get to it for a picture ...  That's sad.   I hope it doesn't take me another 2 years to finish the second one... but it might.


Anyway - Here's what it looks like finished and in place in George's room.  I spent some time cleaning that room out again this weekend.  Oh how I LOVE to take 2 or 3 big bins of clutter to Goodwill!



 
It's nice to have somewhere to put the clothing now.  My old system (piles in the closet ) was not working.
The dressers I bought from a friend for $20.00 each, and the red paint was from the reject pile at the hardware store.  Somebody didn't like it I guess, but I think it's the perfect red.  $2.00.  So the whole dresser
cost me $22.00 and 2 hours of a little sanding/regluing/and painting.  And I lined the drawers with contact paper.  So that's another $1.00 or something.  Not bad, I think.

Now - here's the next "before" picture for you.



 A new project found at the local park.  I don't know who left it there, but I do know who found it.  Me.
And it's going to be awesome.

Someday :)

3 comments:

  1. well I do remember what it looked like and I must say it is truly different and Beautiful....well done :)
    Lill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very pretty and you can't bet the cost! I love to redo furniture and really need to get to the roll top desk that has been sitting for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful Crystal. How in the world did you do that with 2 sick boys ?
    Also, is the top painted or granite ? I love it.
    Mom.m.e.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...