Thursday, March 8, 2012

in the sewing room


I thought today was a good day for a sewing update.

First off, the quilt is finally finished.





It's my second completed quilt top, and the first quilt that I quilted by myself on my machine.  I am pretty amazed that I ended up with a pattern of fairly "straight-ish" lines.  This time I used the machine to sew on the binding too, instead of sewing the binding on by hand (I'm not as happy with the end result, but time constraints made it necessary.)  The backing is a flowered sheet I used to have on my bed as a kid... I can't believe how nice the sheet is given how old it is... my mother takes good care of her sheets!   She was nice enough to let me make off with a bunch of old sheets from her linen closet during our last visit.  The rest of them I have stowed away for future projects... And the fabric for the quilt front was a gift...
I think the birthday boy is pretty happy with it.  and I'm pretty happy to check that off of my to-do list finally. Some things stay on that list for a very long time!!

And now, of course, it's time to fill the list back up again.

Here are some things catching my eye tonight...

I LOVE this bag by Betz White:  To see the pattern details here...http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/Accessory/Olive-Swing-Bag/4000


and for that matter, I LOVE her new fabric line: Stitch.  If I was going to buy fabric, I would be buying some from her new line... it is lovely!  But I'm not buying fabric (I have to keep repeating that line to myself) so I'll be using something from my stash for this project...

Unless I do buy the fabric, and if I do, then, I'll be using something from Stitch :)

See?

And also, there is this cuteness...
which you can buy here if you want to make one too...

and lastly, 

I am imagining a skirt or maybe just a new apron in this fun fabric:





Notice how the center of the circles is chickens standing on eggs?!  I love that!!

And then, the last thing I wanted to do was show you my new benches in the craft room.






Previously they were electronics work benches, now being utilized as a cutting and sewing table.
And there is a shelf running along the bottom of each for storing stuff.  

So now I have room to sew and cut, which is essential.  Still not sure where the ironing board is going to go now.  I'm thinking I'll hang it on the wall somewhere, but since I need it frequently it would probably be better to just have it somewhere accessible where it can stay all the time... 

hmm...



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt for a beautiful little man. I love you so much.
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...